Medical assessment online
Please follow these steps to apply for cover for an existing medical condition online.
- Click on the Buy Now button on the International Comprehensive policy.
- Continue through and enter in your personal details and email address on the following page/s and click on continue.
- Click on ‘YES’ when requested about Existing Medical Conditions (EMC)
- Complete the form and enter in the condition/s you wish to include on your policy.
- Once completed you will receive your Quote Number via email.
- QBE will assess the EMC form and get back in touch with you in approximately 3 days to confirm the quote.
Priority Service via the phone can be completed in 15mins for an additional fee.
Existing medical conditions of a non-travelling relative or business partner
Provided your non travelling relative or business partner is under 80 years of age at the time the Certificate of Insurance is to be issued you can apply to cover their existing medical condition if their state of health could disrupt your travel plans even though they are not travelling with you. Complete your Application Form and ask our representative for a Non Travelling Relative or Business Partner Travellers Medical Appraisal Form, complete and submit for appraisal, via our representative.
Conditions Automatically Covered for Free
Provided the following existing medical conditions are stable and you or anyone else to be covered are not waiting for treatment, on a hospital waiting list or awaiting results of medical tests or investigation in relation to any of these conditions, cover is provided without medical application.
- Allergies - such as allergic rhinitis, chronic rhinitis, hay fever, sinusitis, anaphylaxis, dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, urticaria, food intolerance, latex allergy
- Anaemia - including iron deficiency anaemia, B12 deficiency, folate deficiency, pernicious anaemia
- Asthma - provided you are under 60 years of age and you have not required cortisone medication, except taken by inhaler or puffer, or hospitalisation for the past 12 months including as an outpatient.
- Bell's palsy
- Benign breast cysts
- Carpal Tunnel syndrome
- Cataracts - with no pending surgery or surgery in the last 6 weeks
- Coeliac disease
- Diabetes Mellitus Types 1 and 2 - provided you were not diagnosed in the past 12 months, where you have no known cardiovascular, hypertensive, vascular disease, no related kidney, eye or neuropathy complications
- Epilepsy - you have been seizure free for the past 12 months or do not require more than 1 anti-seizure medication
- Goitre, hypothyroidism, Hashimoto's disease, Graves disease
- Grommets - if no current ear infection and/or ear infection in the last 4 weeks
- Hiatus hernia/Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, Peptic ulcer disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) - Stable
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolaemia)
- High Lipids (Hyperlipidaemia)
- Insulin resistance, impaired glucose tolerance
- Macular degeneration Hip and Knee replacement - if performed more than 9 months ago and less than 10 years ago, with no history of dislocation
- Migraines - except where you have been hospitalised in the past 12 months
- Nocturnal cramps
- Osteoporosis - where there have been no fractures and you do not require more than 1 medication or suffer any back pain condition
- Plantar fasciitis
- Pregnancy related illness of the mother up to & including 26 weeks gestation - Provided there have been no complications in this pregnancy or any previous pregnancy; or this pregnancy has not been assisted by artificial reproductive technique e.g. IVF
- Raynaud's Disease
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Trigger finger
- Routine screening tests where no underlying disease has been detected.
High Risk Existing Medical Conditions
- Angina (Coronary Artery Disease/Ischaemic Heart Disease)
- Myocardial Infarction (Heart Attack)
- Cardiac arrhythmias (disturbances to the Heart rhythm)
- Cerebrovascular Accident (CVA/Stroke/TIA Transient Ischaemic Attack)
- Cardiac Valve Disease
- Previous cardiac surgery (stents, Bypass Surgery, valve replacement, and pacemakers/Intracardiac devices)
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Chronic Obstructive Airways Pulmonary Disease (COAD/COPD)
- Pulmonary Fibrosis/Asbestosis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
- Parkinson's Disease
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Organ Transplants
- Any Back condition, including chronic pain and/or surgery in the last 5 years
- Any Condition for which you have undergone surgery or which has been under investigation within the last 12 months
- Any Condition that is awaiting investigation or treatment
- Any Cancer that was diagnosed within the last 5 years excluding non-melanoma skin cancers